Alan

Do you want the result to actually be zero or nothing if its negative or
want the figure there for calculations but dot to display it in the cell?
To make the result zero,
=IF(BL4-BL9=0,BL4-BL9,0)
or for nothing,
=IF(BL4-BL9=0,BL4-BL9,"")
To have the result there but not displayed, Custom Format the cell(s) as
0.00_ ;
Note that there's a space between the underscore and the semicolon,
Regards,
Alan
"rdmdale" wrote in
message ...

I'm making a worksheet for my company. I want to subtract one number
number from another number. I use the 'sum' format for this
'=sum(BL4-BP4) '. This format works fine for me in most cases, if
BL4 BP4. However, if BL4<BP4, the sum that is shown is a negative
number. I would like for the worksheet to show only positive numbers. I
would like for the cell to show ' 0 ' , or nothing at all, if the sum is
a negative number. For instance, 10-8=12 is ok, but 8-10=-2 is not. How
do I do this? Thanks

--
rdmdale
rdmdale's Profile: