Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default Test cell for list data and modify cell contents

"I don't see how this gets both into one cell (column)"
My assumption was you had two columns on both sheets.

In any case,
assuming two columns on ListsAmpl sheet (A1:B20) containing: ListDesig | Title
assuming one column on Data Entry sheet (A1:A20) containing: ListDesig or ListDesigTitle

Then use this formula in column B on Data Entry...
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,ListsAmpl!$A$1:$A$20,0)),A1 &INDEX(ListsAmpl!$A$1:$B$20,MATCH(A1,ListsAmpl!$A$ 1:$A$20,0),2),A1)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Robert H"
wrote in message
Sorry Jim, but I am confised
Were is the vlookup formula?
are you sugesting that I have a column for the designators and one for
the titles?
I dont see how this gets both into one cell (column)

On Jun 16, 6:35 pm, "Jim Cone" wrote:
It is still a VLookUp solution.
VLookup will place the titles on the input sheet.
You copy the two input columns and paste values on the report sheet.
You close the original book with out saving (no vlookup formulas will remain)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA