Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default 2002 versus 2007 question

I'm assuming the filename is being read from the system... perhaps it is in
lower case on the 2007 computer. Try the MsgBox line this way and see...

MsgBox InStr(1, TheFile, "Old.", vbTextCompare)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
I have Excel 2002 and I'm helping an OP who has 2007.
The following macro is a simplification of our problem but does
demonstrate the problem.
On my 2002 machine, the message box produces a 5. On his 2007 machine, he
gets a 0.
Sub TestInStr()
TheFile = "S12 Old.doc"
MsgBox InStr(TheFile, "Old.")
End Sub

What am I missing? Thanks for your time. Otto