Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Magill Mike Magill is offline

Default Copying data from several spreadsheets into a new spreadsheet

Hi,

I'm pretty much a novice at Excel macros so forgive me if I don't
understand your responses the first time.

I want to write a macro that will open a variable number of
spreadsheets in a specific folder and copy a range of a variable
number of rows from each spreadsheet into a single new spreadsheet
with each range being copied immediately below the previous range.

Each originating spreadsheet name will start with the date (e.g.
2009-03-31 Rest of spreadsheet name.xls) so I want the macro to open
all spreadsheets in the folder starting with '2009-03-31'. I've
already got a bit of script that I can use to allow the user to
specify the data and the folder in which these spreadsheets live.

The data in each originating spreadsheet is in rows and the actual
data to be copied is determined by an Autofilter in field 30 being
"x". The number of rows could 1 to 1000.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,