Biff

Hi!

How about posting something like 10 to 15 cells worth of typical data and
the result you expect from that data.

Biff

"Jonathon" wrote in message
I have an excel sheet which we track manhours in our place of work all on
one
row. I wish to have a sum of those hours displayed in a cell.
The part causing me problems is.
Any value greater than 10=10
Any letter value of "H", "W", or "SCH" also =10
Anything else = 0

Is it possible to simply gather the sum of a range of cells, and apply
these
conditions?
I've done this so far, but then I have to apply this formula for every
cell
off the page and then tally the results.
=IF(ISNUMBER(F37),(IF(F3710,10,F37)),(IF(OR(F37=" H",F37="W"),10,0)))

I do this for every cell, then do a sum of all these cells to get my
result.

I also run into problems when the user adds a new row, the formula is
lost.
It's easy to just fill down the formula, but would be nice to have it
remain
even when a new row is added.

Thanks, so far, this has been an interesting learning experience.