Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mark kubicki mark kubicki is offline

Default updating formulas at inserted rows with locked columns

I suspect that this is not such an unusual occurrence, and that there is a
work-around, but maybe not...

I have a worksheet in which it makes absolute sense (esp. knowing the end
users) to lock some of the columns.
The problem occurs when the user inserts a new row, which they will need to
do, and formulas from the rows above (this is within the field of data) need
to be copied into the new row. It's not possible -the cell / column is
locked.

Hopefully, I do not need to add a command button that assesses the cursor
position (selected row?), unlocks the worksheet, inserts the row, copies the
formula, then re-locks the row; however, this is what I am thinking will
need to be done.

as always, thanks in advance,
mark