Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Umlas[_3_] Bob Umlas[_3_] is offline

Default help! function not obtaining cell values

The name of the ****ion is calcsoilpress but inside the function you're
referencing calsoilpress -- the names much match exactly -- the "c" is
missing!
"maweilian" wrote in message
Newbie question:

The simple VBA function below is not working. It is called by the
following
in the spreadsheet:
=calcsoilpress(D9,D10,'Soil Data'!D7,'Soil Data'!E7,D17)

(note: "Soil Data" is another worksheet in the same xls file)

When I add a breakpoint at the first "If-Then" line and examine the value
of
the variables, I discovered that some of the parameters had a value of
zero.
But the value of the cells are not zero! What is happening here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Will

See code below:

Public Function calcsoilpress(soiltop As Double, soilbottom As Double,
soilwtdensitydry As Double, soilwtdensitywet As Double, waterdepth As
Double)

If waterdepth <= soiltop Then
calsoilpress = (soilbottom - soiltop) * soilwtdensitywet
End If

If waterdepth = soilbot Then
calsoilpress = (soilbottom - soiltop) * soilwtdensitydry
End If

If waterdepth soiltop And waterdepth < soilbot Then
calsoilpress = ((soilbottom - waterdepth) * soilwtdensitywet) +
((waterdepth - soiltop) * soilwtdensitydry)
End If

End Function