Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default Delete all buttons on sheet

hit F5, GOTO , then select Special, then select Objects and OK
this returns to the active sheet with ALL objects selected. you could hit
Delete now and remove the all or TAB to check that you're got the buttons.

Sub DeleteObjects()
ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Delete
End Sub

"J.W. Aldridge" wrote in message
I inadvertently created a bunch of buttons on a sheet. I first tried
manually deleting them one by one but there are hundreds of them. I
found this code and ammended it to delete each button one by one, but
I keep running into a runtime error because I've deleted some of the
buttons out of sequence and it looks to actually run each line whether
the button number is there or not.

Is there a way that I can delete all buttons on a page regardless of
the number?

Sub DeleteButtons()
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Button 595").Select
Selection.Cut
' *** I ommitted the code for buttons 594 thru 2 so that I could post
here, but it's the same***
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Button 1").Select
Selection.Cut
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True,
Scenarios:=True _
, AllowFiltering:=True
End Sub