Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba
Steve Rindsberg Steve Rindsberg is offline

Default Is there an mso.dll in Office 2003 that is for Office 20077

In article , Howard Kaikow wrote:
"Steve Rindsberg" wrote in message
But the puzzle remains as to why some folkes have the Office12 mso.dll

and
others do not.

one possibility is that one might have to have a compiler, such as VB 6

or,
some other language, and not just office.

The Compatibility Pack may install the MSO.DLL version in question. Of
possibly one or another of the Office viewer apps (though not the

PowerPoint
viewer ... I just checked that).

I do not have the Compatibility Pack, at least I never asked for it to be
installed, not do I have any viewer on ANY of thse systems with Office 2000,
XP, or 2003.

How could I determine whether I have the Compatibility Pack?

Create or download (if you don't have Ofc2007) a PPTX or DOCX file.

Try to open it in the appropriate Office 2003 app. If it opens, you have the
compat. pack installed.