Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default EXCEL Issue retriving data from SQL

I like this question . Your English is fine and the two pictures showing the
results are really clear.

I suspect that the answer is in the dates... for example, is 05-01-2009
being handled correctly? it may be coming into the SQL Server as 1st May or
5th Jan?
change your dates to 20090501 / 20090531

"Alfredo Hernandez" <Alfredo wrote in
message ...
Hello ppl,

The first thing of all i apologize myself for my bad English.

Ok, a little bit of history, i write a VBA macro for EXCEL that retrieves
information from an SP in SQL Server 2K, and is not the first macro that i
write, i have already writed a lot of this macros but this is the first
time
i get this issue, and i can't figure it out how to solve it.

Ej.
I have a query that retrieve information from some tables, it group the
results, and make some maths and return a single row per document, i
tested
this view and works fine when you execute it from Query Analyzer, or the
MMC

The following image is an example of the data returned by the query in the
query analyzer.
http://www.vycmex.com.mx/temporales/..._singlerow.JPG

As you can see there is a set of records returned, but we will focus on
the
one higlighted, only one row returned by the SP, also you can notice that
Im
using the tools from SQL Server 2008, but the server is 2K (this is just a
note)

Now i execute the same stored procedure from my macro in EXCEL, and
sometimes not always i get some changed rows, and not all, only one or two
records.

The following image shows the same record i already show in the last image
but in EXCEL the row is ungrouped, why? How? i dont know. also you can
notice that if you sum the values of the cols SUBTOTAL, IVA, IMPORTE, you
get
the same values that i get in the Query Analyzer. (also the image showed
uses
office 2007 pofessional, but i get the same result in Office 2K, and 2003)
http://www.vycmex.com.mx/temporales/...ultiplerow.JPG

So what things I have already tried,
- I change the way I import the data from SQL to EXCEL, I used the
instruction varHoja.Range().CopyFromRecordset rstResultados, also i write
routine that gets value by value the result from the recordset and copy it
in
the EXCEL Sheet. I change the way i connect to the database, ODBC, ADO,
ADO.NET

- I rewrite the query thinking that it was the cause but i already change
it
two times, and i get the same result.
So at this point i feel a little bit frustrated, and i hope someone in
this
forum can help me to figure it out this issue.

Thanks in advance and best regards.