Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mel[_4_] Mel[_4_] is offline

Default Mass-change Excel file associations to version 2003?

WinXP

Not a vba question, I don't think, but I'm bombing out asking this in
other groups and know brilliant minds hang out here. <g

Having v2003 Office, I installed v2007 into a different folder and now
have both versions. But now I click on an XLS file and it naturally
opens in v2007, however, I want it to open in version 2003. In fact, I
want all my office files to still open in v2003 by default. I know I
theoretically can change each file association separately in Folder
Options, but that still defaults back to version 2007, so I can't even
get that to work. But more than that, I seem to remember that a
command could be typed into the Run dialog box to change all relevant
file types to a particular version (i.e., XLS, XLA, XLT, PPT, PPS,
PPA, POT, DOC, DOT). I did this when working with a project involving
2000, 2002, and 2003. I was able to mass-change my Office file
associations quickly this way. Unfortunately I can't remember the
command or from where I got it.

Can someone please provide me with the command if one exists or other
suggestions?

Thanks,
Melina