Biff

Hi!

One way:

Entered as an array using the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=COLUMN(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1,MAX((myrng=A1)*(COLUMN( myrng))))))

Biff

"mjack003" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I've pulled my hair out trying to nest functions and try various
different ways to do this but here's the problem. I have two
worksheets. The first sheet, "Rows" has a named range from A2:CV500
'myRng'. All cells within the range are either blank, or hold a unique
workorder number anywhere from 4 to 8 digits scattered randomly.
The second worksheet "Audit" contains the unique workorder
numbers from worksheet "Rows", listed in ascending order in Column A
without any spaces.

What I need to do is look up the number in column A on my "Audit"
Sheet, locate it on the "Rows" sheet and return the column # it was
located in.

Ex. Audit!A1 = 15899 , Row!C48 = 15899 so Audit!B1 = 3 since "15899"
was found in 'C48' on the "Row" worksheet.

Any help would be great!

Mjack

--
mjack003