R.VENKATARAMAN

your numbers are in column A in sheet "audit"
copy this small programme in vbeditor and run
Public Sub test()
Dim num As Single
Dim mynum As Range
Dim cell As Range
Dim colnum As Integer
Worksheets("audit").Select
Set mynum = Range(Range("a1"), Range("a1").End(xlDown))
For Each cell In mynum
num = cell.Value
Worksheets("row").Activate
Cells.Find(num).Activate
colnum = ActiveCell.Column
Worksheets("audit").Select
cell.Offset(0, 1) = colnum
Next
End Sub

do ;you get what you want
modify to suit you.

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

=========

"mjack003" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

I've pulled my hair out trying to nest functions and try various
different ways to do this but here's the problem. I have two
worksheets. The first sheet, "Rows" has a named range from A2:CV500
'myRng'. All cells within the range are either blank, or hold a unique
workorder number anywhere from 4 to 8 digits scattered randomly.
The second worksheet "Audit" contains the unique workorder
numbers from worksheet "Rows", listed in ascending order in Column A
without any spaces.

What I need to do is look up the number in column A on my "Audit"
Sheet, locate it on the "Rows" sheet and return the column # it was
located in.

Ex. Audit!A1 = 15899 , Row!C48 = 15899 so Audit!B1 = 3 since "15899"
was found in 'C48' on the "Row" worksheet.

Any help would be great!

Mjack

--
mjack003