Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba
SvenC SvenC is offline

Default Is there an mso.dll in Office 2003 that is for Office 20077

Hi Howard,

Well, not only is the Office12 mso.dll present in my Office 2000, Office
XP
and Office 2003 systems, the Office 11 and Office 10 mso.dll files

What are the version numbers of those mso.dlls?

no longer
contain references to constants related to the CommandBars object, at
least
forthose constants I am using. Those are now in the Office 12 mso.dll. I
have not checked in Office 9, but the Office 2000 system is different im

Which constants? Please give some concrete examples. The only thing which
makes sense to me would be that you used constants new to Office 12 and
thought they should have been there in earlier versions of Office as well.

Such a change would only be made by MSFT.

I pretty much doubt that MS would create dependencies between
Office versions.

A ha!
I just noticed that the Office 2003 system has an J:\Documents and
Settings\Howard Kaikow\Application Data\OfficeUpdate12 directory. The
directory is dated in March 2009, when I ran the updates. It has the
install
files for what likely created Office12.

Typically Microsoft put its files in a Microsoft subdirectory, so having an
OfficeUpdate12 directory directly in Application Data looks strange.

What kind of update service do you use?
Microsofts online update service or an offline WSUS?

BUT: back to your original question:

I am currently coding a VB 6 DLL and a VB 6 EXE, each uses Excel 2003.
Both projects require the use of the Office 11 object library, which
results
in a reference to the mso.d11 for Office 11, version 11.0.8221.0.
However, certain constants are not defined unless I include the MSO.dll
for
what is called the Office 12 object library, version 12.0.6320.5000.

How about installing a clean Windows with a clean Office 2003 and apply
only their current service packs. Are there still CommandBar related
constants
missing? If yes, which - they might be new to Office 2007 and would have
no meaning in older versions.

--
SvenC