Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba
Howard Kaikow Howard Kaikow is offline

Default Is there an mso.dll in Office 2003 that is for Office 20077

"SvenC" wrote in message
I doubt that strongly. Just checked an WinXP SP3 with Office 2003 all
fully patched from microsoft update.
No Office12 folder and hence no mso.dll.

There must be some other component you installed which cause this.
Maybe some add on which tries to install some office modules or
the PIAs? Maybe the OpenXML or PDF converters?

Well, not only is the Office12 mso.dll present in my Office 2000, Office XP
and Office 2003 systems, the Office 11 and Office 10 mso.dll files no longer
contain references to constants related to the CommandBars object, at least
forthose constants I am using. Those are now in the Office 12 mso.dll. I
have not checked in Office 9, but the Office 2000 system is different im
that it has no Office9 directory, but it does have an Office 12 directory
with an mso.dll file,

Such a change would only be made by MSFT.

A ha!
I just noticed that the Office 2003 system has an J:\Documents and
Settings\Howard Kaikow\Application Data\OfficeUpdate12 directory. The
directory is dated in March 2009, when I ran the updates. It has the install
files for what likely created Office12.

Ditto for the Office 2000 and Office XP systems.