Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Is there an mso.dll in Office 2003 that is for Office 20077

Hi Howard,

If the reference is set to the Office-11 mso.dll do *not* use any named
constants that are new in Office-12. Simply define your own say at module
level, you can use the same names, or use the intrinsic values.

Public Const msoThemeDark1 As Long = &H1

I can't imagine how \OFFICE12\mso.dll ever got onto the computer if Office
2007 has never been installed.

Regards,
Peter T

"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
I am currently coding a VB 6 DLL and a VB 6 EXE, each uses Excel 2003.

Both projects require the use of the Office 11 object library, which
results
in a reference to the mso.d11 for Office 11, version 11.0.8221.0.

However, certain constants are not defined unless I include the MSO.dll
for
what is called the Office 12 object library, version 12.0.6320.5000.

The file is Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\mso.dll.
Office 2007 has never been on the computer being used.

Where did that file come from?
From an update to Office 2003?

Neither version is listed at http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/.