Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default Run xlsm Macro in the middle of night

you'll find the windows scheduler in the Control Panel in Administrative
Tools
add a new task and set the action to open the workbook. You set the
Auto_Open procedure or use the workbook_Open event...you know how already

wrote in message
On 6 June, 15:23, "Patrick Molloy" wrote:
use the windows task scheduler - set it to run the desired workbook at
the
appropriate time.
in the workbook, make sure that you use the workbook open event to start
your sub, or have a sub name Auto_open

wrote in message

Hello,

I've got several macros which we would like to run in the middle of
the night - anyone got any suggestions of the best way of automatcally
running them? Use the OnTime method? problem is a macro still needs to
be run. Just wondering if a stored prodecdure on a sql server would be
capable of creating an event which could run the macro?

Any help much appreciated.

J- Hide quoted text -

ok - I've not used the Windows Task Scheduler before.....where do I
start; do you have any links to help a newby with the scheduler. What
will I be scheduling? Opening the wkbk? this will then fire the
Workbook_Open Ontime routine (I'm fine with this part of the answer as
I regularly use this event and this method)........ or will I be
scheduling an actual reference to the macro in the workbook?

thanks for all the help so far

Jason.

Jason.