Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Enableling a shape

ps. Maybe the worksheet is protected before your code hits the .locked line.

If that doesn't help, how is it failing?

Keith Broaddrick wrote:

I have a worksheet with some buttons and text boxes and combo boxes, all from
the control toolbox. I am looping through them and wanting to disable the
boxes and lock them.

If I look at the property sheet of the text box, I see it has an enabled
property, but if I try to set it to enabled = false with VBA code, I get the
error message that the object doesn't support the method.

I added a new textbox "TextBox7" just for testing purposes. It appears that
locking isn't working right either. Maybe it's something else I am doing...

'****StartCode:
Dim shp As Shape

For Each shp In ActiveSheet.Shapes
If shp.Name = "TextBox7" Then
shp.Locked = True
ActiveSheet.Shapes("TextBox7").Enabled = False
End If
Next shp

Range("B6,B7,D6:D7,B10,B13,B14,B17,B18,B19,B21,B23 ,B25,B27,B29,B31,B33,B35,B37,B39,B41,B42,B43,B44,B 45,B47:B62").Select
Selection.Locked = True

ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True,
Password:=strPassword
'****EndCode

Please help?
Thanks.
Keith

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Another one:

Worksheets("sheet1").CommandButton1.Enabled = False

Dr. Schwartz wrote:

I have a command button that I want to enable and disable using code. I have
tried this:

ActiveSheet.Shapes("PrintJour").Enabled = True

Without any luck. Can anyone guide me?

The Doctor

--

Dave Peterson