Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Stopping Excel from stripping off leading zeros?

I assume you mean you prefix with an apostrophe.

Depending on what you are doing overall, you may find it helps first to
format the cells as Text

rng.NumberFormat = "@"

Regards,
Peter T

"Maury Markowitz" wrote in message
I make many spreadsheets that contain a CUSIP column, which can have
leading zeros. Excel helpfully strips these off, rendering them
unreadable.

Normally I address this by putting a quote in front of the number to
force it to be a string. However, I notice that the quote is actually
exported if you save it as CSV.

So I can't use a Format to do this because that gets killed off in the
CSV form and the zeros get stripped, and I can't use the quote because
it doesn't! Any suggestions?