Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David David is offline

Default VBA slows with time

Hi Group,

Hope all are having a good day. I have some code that does web queries. It
is sort of in 4 legs. It does a lookup of Fund ticker symbols and bring back
closes for a specific symbol and a specific single day. The list of symbols
is a little over 800.

It does this 4 times for 4 different dates, what I am calling legs. So 4
legs. Each leg about doubles the time of the previous leg. 2 minutes, 4
minutes, 5 minutes and 10 minutes. The query is deleted after each look up
and all names are also deleted.

When the macro is finished. Task manger indicated that Excel.exe is still
using 90% of memory. I am very perplexed at this situation.

Does anyone have any insights on this situation?
One of the other problems I am having is that when I leave this message and
check the box below "Notify me of replies", I do not recieve e-mail
notifications.

Thanks for your help,
David