Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Copy basic format from one cell to another

If you know what basic cell formats you want you can just apply them:

dim fCell as range
dim tCell as range

set fcell = worksheets("Sheet1").range("a1")
set tcell = worksheets("sheet99").range("x99")

with tcell
.numberformat = fcell.numberformat
'add as many formatting characteristics as you want.
end with

joeeng wrote:

Thanks for your response. However, I didn't ask that question quite right.
What I really was trying to ask was, is there a way of copying a basic cell
format to another cell without overwriting the conditional format in the
destination cell?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Just remove them after the paste:

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 6/4/2009 by James Ravenswood
'

'
Range("A1").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("A2").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteFormats
Selection.FormatConditions.Delete

Gary''s Student - gsnu200856

"joeeng" wrote:

Is there a way to copy the basic cell format from one cell to another without
copying the conditional format with it?

--

Dave Peterson