Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Save As in a Macro

Do you mean

ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\" & Replace(Activeworkbook.name,".xls","wb1.xls")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Derek Johansen" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a lot of information. I then separate them into
separate workbooks to make it easier to manage. I generally create three new
workbooks from the data. what I would like to do is Save As each of these
new work books IN THE SAME DIRECTORY as the original and with the file name
ORIGINALNAME_wb1, ORIGINALNAME_wb2 etc.

The important part is that the files are in the same directory, and contain
the original name in them... does anyone have a bit of code i could use to do
this? I've played around with the save as, but I can't figure out how to get
the same directory as the original and add on to the name... any help would
be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Derek