Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Chris is offline

Default COUNTIF function help please

Hi Patrick,

I am trying to let the user select via drop-down lists (on worksheet
named: Summary) the required Operation and Group.

The actual Operations are populated on the worksheet named: Data in
column B. The actual Groups are populated on worksheet named: Data in
column C.

So when the user clicks on the Summary tab (worksheet named: Summary)
and then clicks on cell B2 to select an Operation (from a drop-down
list), and then clicks on cell B4 to select a Group (from a drop-down
list), I need some code or macro that will automatically populate cells:
B8:B11 & B25 (on worksheet named: Summary).

This populated data needs to be extracted from the worksheet named:
Data. I wanted to use the COUNTIF function to extract the values from
the worksheet named: Data into the cells B8:B11 & B25 on worksheet
named: Summary.

I simply do not know how to code this so that when the user selects the
worksheet named: Summary and selects the appropriate Operation from the
drop-down list in cell B2 and then selects the appropriate Group from
the drop-down list in cell B4 then to apply code or macro so that the
two selected criteria (Operation and Group) are looked up on the
worksheet named: Data to return the COUNTIF values from the worksheet
named: Data for example =COUNTIF($E$3:$E$65000,"PERMANENT"),
=COUNTIF($E$3:$E$65000,"FUTURE"), =COUNTIF($E$3:$E$65000,"TEMPORARY"),
=COUNTIF($E$3:$E$65000,"FUTURE DELETION"),
= COUNTIF($U$3:$U$65000,"Y"). I need these five COUNTIF values to be
populated into cells B8:b11 & B25 on worksheet named: Summary.

kind regards,

Chris.