Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Larry[_14_] Larry[_14_] is offline

Default For a website, are Excel scripts better than other programming

Thank you for your reply.
Can we upload the excel file as .XLS to the website. When the customer
enters the website, and presses the button to go to the excel file, can the
website download the excel file into the customer's computer's temp folder.
The excel file would auto_open in the customers computer.
So we would store the excel file on the website, but download and run the
excel file on the PC computer.
Would this work?
--
Larry

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

If the file is downloadable to the user computer, yes. Otherwise, no.
If the file on the web is designed to respond to a user interaction, it
could be described as the code running, but it would only be effective on
the web page and not on the user computer. I am sure this is a clear a mud.

"Larry" wrote in message
If someone who has Excel on their computer goes the website and opens the
Excel file from the website, will the VBA code run?
--
Larry

"Tim Williams" wrote:

I was going by the title of the post which was "For a website..."
It didn't mention downloading, so I took it literally.

Tim

"joel" wrote in message
Tim: I think you measn that VBA is not meant for creating websites, it
is
acceptable for downloading data from websites. table stored on
websites
with
VBA can be downloaded into a speadsheet and manipultes like any other
spreadsheet data.

"Tim Williams" wrote:

VBA is not "for" website programming (since you mention it)

Maybe you could elaborate a bit ?

Tim

"Advice Pro" wrote in message

I'm new to Excel and I'd like to know since it's more organized are
the
scripts better than other programming language scripts such as Ajax,
JavaScript, Java FX, etc.

--
Advice Pro
Advice Pro's Profile: