Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
andy the pugh andy the pugh is offline

Default FIND method , versus FOR EACH ...

On May 29, 8:27*am, ytayta555 wrote:
*A good day

I want to use FIND method instead my
old FOR EACH method in my code , I
think (and I have read) it will work faster .

I recently switched the other way. Find stopped working for me for
some reason in a praticular workbook (both in VBA _and_ in the find
dialog), so I changed to a For Each... version.

Find inherits the search parameters from the last search done by the
user in the Find dialog, unless you specifically set all the options.
Even then it seems to sometimes get in a tangle and not do the search
you are looking for. If you use For Each then you know exactly where
you are looking and exactly how you are matching. it might be slower,
but it seems better controlled.