Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Passwords

I would have a hidden worksheet with usernames in column A and Pasword in
column B and access range for each user in columns C, column D column E, ...

then you can have an input boxes where the usere type in his name and
password. then you can use a lookup to verify the user and pasword and then
unlock the ranges specified in column C+.

"Still Learning" wrote:

I guess I didn't explain this very well, let me try again.

If someone opens a protected workbook with a password, how do I give them
different access based on which password they enter? If they open
"schedule.xls" and it asks them for a password, if they type "joe" as a
password, they get to enter data in a1. "steve" would allow them b1...

Hopefully this clears this up.

Thanks,
Chris