Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default Automation: Invoking Excel Financial Functions Without Instantiating Excel?

Hi Pete,

Have you tried just setting a reference to Excel in the Access VBA code
rather than instantiating Excel?

I would have thought that would be faster (but I have not tested it!)

regards
Charles
The Excel Calculation Site
http://www.decisionmodels.com

"PeteCresswell" wrote in message
On May 28, 12:16 pm, PeteCresswell wrote:
Question: Is there a .DLL or something that I can go to directly and
get exactly the same functions as I'm getting via the Excel object?

I should add that the VBA code in question is running under MS Access
2003.