Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PeteCresswell[_2_] PeteCresswell[_2_] is offline

Default Automation: Invoking Excel Financial Functions Without InstantiatingExcel?

I tried this in microsoft.public.access, but no luck.

I'm instantiating Excel in an MS Access VBA routine and
going at Excel's financial functions via the resulting
Excel.Application object.

But it's kicking the brains out of a certain screen's load time -
where it has to call the same computation with different data 10-20
times to populate a list.

I've got it to where the Excel instance persists and does not have to
be re-created; but it's still too slow.

I'm aware of at least one non-MS .DLL that offers financial functions
to a .NET application. But I'd want to be accessing exactly the
same routines as I am now via the Excel object.

Question: Is there a .DLL or something that I can go to directly and
get exactly the same functions as I'm getting via the Excel object?