Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacky D. Jacky D. is offline

Default Selecting worksheet and ranges within sheet to run macro on

I am trying to automate a sheet in a workbook that has worksheets being added
to it continually. I have created a worksheet that is designed to pull
infomation from a selected workbook from 3 different areas of the worksheet.
I have recorded a macro that goes into the workbook that the macro was
recorded with, and pulls information as internded. Heres my problem. Can I
change this macro so I can:
1-Select the workbook that the information is to be pulled from
2-Make the second range selection a variable? I want to tell it which cells
to copy from.

Here is the recorded nacro:
Copy_from_balance_for_Validation Macro
' Macro recorded 5/21/2009 by Jacky D
'

'

Range("A8").Select
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Range("A3:AA3").Select
Range("AA3").Activate
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Validation").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlAll, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:=False _
, Transpose:=True
Range("B8").Select
Sheets("SHEET2").Select
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 83
Range("A29:AA29").Select
Range("AA29").Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Validation").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=True
Range("C8").Select
Sheets("SHEET2").Select
Range("A1:AA1").Select
Range("AA1").Activate
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Sheets("Validation").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlAll, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks:=False _
, Transpose:=True
End Sub

Any row in the macro above that reads "Sheets("Sheet2").Select" I would want
to make a variable. The
Sheets("SHEET2").Select
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 83
Range("A29:AA29").Select
Range("AA29").Activate"
I would also want to select the range within the workbook. I know I need to
define the worksheet that information is to be pulled from, and then the
range and use an inputbox to do this, but I can't seem to get it right.

Thanks so much for the help.

Jacky D.