Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Enter the smallest amount in row

Right click the sheet tab view code and paste the code. This will change the
values of cells to wards the right...Try and feedback...I am not sure is this
what you are looking for....Try and feedback

Dim intCol As Integer
Dim varMin As Variant
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then
varMin = WorksheetFunction.Min(Range("A" & Target.Row & ":H" & Target.Row))
If varMin < 0 Then
For intCol = Target.Column To 8
Cells(Target.Row, intCol) = varMin
Next
Application.EnableEvents = True

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"art" wrote:

No. I can't use this. I need to the Min in the whole list starting from A1 to
H10. So when I start, and the whole chart is empty all values are zero. Then
when I enter the first amount in A1 (lets say 10), then the whole row should
be the same since it is the lowest in the row (other than zero). Then when I
enter the next number in B1 (lest say 8), then the rest of the cells from C1
to H1 should have the 8. And when I enter a smaller amount in c1 the rest of
the row should lower as well. This can't be done with a formaula, as the
formula would get ereased when I enter an amount in that cell.

The same should happen when I delete one amount, then thwe whole row should
update with the smallest amount of that row, including the cell that was just
deleted.

Thanks.

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Art,

If I understand your question correctly then place the folowing formula in
D1 and copy it across to H1 then copy D1:H1 down.

=MIN($A1:C1)

OssieMac

"art" wrote:

Hello:

I would like to have a code that enters the smallest number on a row to the
rest of the row. So lets say I use the range from A1 to H10. I want that for
row 1 if it has in A1 the value 253 and in B1 the value 219 and in C1 the
value 198, so the rest of that row (until H1) should have the value 198. And
when I'll enter the value 153 in D1, then all the rest after D1 should update
to 153 and so on. This should occur in each row in the range.

I usually enter the amounts from left to right in the range.

Thanks for any help.

Art