Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tom tom is offline

Default Using function to change a cell color

Thx Ron - this was good. What I want still isnt happening.
Here's what I am trying to acheive :( (sorry for not being clear at the
first time)

I am tracking daily performance of a new batch of students. I get scores
daily for old and new students)

for the first 15 days if a new student scores 90% or lesser of what old
students score (avg) he is marked RED (anything above that is GREEN)
for the next 15 days (15-30) if a new student scores 92.5% or lesser of what
old students score (avg) he is marked RED (anything above that is GREEN)
for the next 15 days (30-45) if a new student scores 95% or lesser of what
old students score (avg) he is marked RED (anything above that is GREEN)
for the next 15 days (45-60) if a new student scores 97.5% or lesser of what
old students score (avg) he is marked RED (anything above that is GREEN)
post 60 days if a new student scores 100% or lesser of what old students
score (avg) he is marked RED (anything above that is GREEN)

I will be adding data everyday and am looking for a formula/method to do
this without putting intermediate calculations/columns etc

Thx for all your help Bern & Ron

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Sun, 24 May 2009 10:35:00 -0700, Tom wrote:

Conditional formatting wont work (i think). As the formatting depends on two
values (one constant = DayAverage and one variable = Difference in days).
Each day a record would be added.

Sure it will work. You just need to use the correct formulas.

For example, for RED:

=AND((CurrentDate-StartDate)30,CurrentValue<DayAverage)

and for YELLOW:

=AND((CurrentDate-StartDate)<30,CurrentValue<DayAverage)

In Excel 2003, you can have up to 3 conditional formats
--ron