Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tom tom is offline

Default Using function to change a cell color

sorry missed this..

btw I am returning the CurrentValue to the cell. In essense I want this
function to just trigger a color change in the cell as per the conditions in
set below..

Thx :-)

"Tom" wrote:

Hi,

This is what I am doing.
I have 4 variables: StartDate,CurrentDate,CurrentValue,DayAverage
I am passing these four variables into an excel function.

What I want to do is that if the difference between CurrentDate and StartDate
is greater than 30 (1 month) and CurrentValue<DayAverage then the cell from
where I called this function should turn "RED". If the difference is less
than 30 and CurrentValue<DayAverage then the cell should turn "YELLOW".

Changing color from within Function doesnt seem to work. Help!!

Thanks,
Sherry