Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Driftwood Driftwood is offline

Default Look at, Find, then go to

Student,
type mis match on:
If r.Value = v Then
I don't know if my previous reply would shed some light on how the sheet is
inteded to work ( as an information bas only - no input, so there are only
formula in eash cell)

Thanks
Driftwood.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Sub drifter()
Dim A2 As Range, tablee As Range
Dim v As Variant
Set A2 = Range("A2")
Set tablee = Range("A3:G564")
v = A2.Value
For Each r In tablee
If r.Value = v Then
Cells(r.Row, "A").Select
Exit Sub
End If
Next

Gary''s Student - gsnu200854

"Driftwood" wrote:

Hi, gurus of Excel
This is the code I am using:

Sub Go2Date()
Dim myFind As Integer
Dim rng As Range
myFind = ActiveSheet.Range("A2").Value
Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range( _
"$A$3:$G$564").Find(myFind, _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole)
If Not rng Is Nothing Then
Application.Goto rng, True
Else
MsgBox myFind & " not found"

What I would like it to do:
Look at the date in A3
Then find that date in the range of the calendar (A3:G564)
When found, then go to that date.

If possible, I would rather want it to go to the beginning of that row
(column A) because:
Column A = Monday, Column 2 is Tuesday ....
Under each day, there are 10 cells, which read input from another calendar
for scheduling events.
The idea is to click on the button I provided with assigned code, which
looks at the date the user wishes to see, then takes them to that date (
rather beginning of the week of that date col A) in the calendar.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
THX
Driftwood