Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default Clear Cell Contents based on Criteria of another cell

you put the code in the sheet's code page? It wouldn't matter if you type N
or n the UCASE would have left N as is and changed n to N and compared ok

"CK" wrote in message
Yes, the two cells immediately to the right of the changed cell. I tried
your code and the cells were not cleared when I typed an "n". I changed
the
UCase to LCase and the "N" to "n"
--
CK

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

by adjacent and to the right do you mean just the two cells immediately
right of the changed cell?

Option Explicit
If Target.Count = 1 And Target.Column = 3 Then
If UCase(Target.Value) = "N" Then
Target.Resize(, 2).Offset(, 1).Clear

"CK" wrote in message
Column B will have the criteria (y or n). If n is entered, the data in
the
two cells adjacent and to the right of the current cell must have the
contents cleared. I can accomplish this for one row in Column B but I
need
to have this occur for the other rows. This is what I have so far..

Dim rng1 As Range
Dim rng2 As Range

Set rng1 = Range("b2")
Set rng2 = Range("c2:d2")

If LCase(rng1.Value) = "n" Then
rng2.clearcontents

Any help is appreciated. This is my first shot at VBA.

--
CK