Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default Delete file within a zip file

the syntax is
DeleteFile {filename}

Option Explicit
Sub demo()
Dim sFilename As String
sFilename = "C:\test\somefile.zip"
DeleteFile sFilename
End Sub

"Kevin Beckham" wrote in message
With an existing zip file, how can I delete one of the zipped files ?

I can reference the file with something like
Set oApp = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
With oApp.Namespace(FileNameZip).Items.item(sFileToBeRe moved)

End With

but can't get the verb to use to be able to delete it.

I have tried using the code that accesses zip32.dll and unzip32.dll and,
while it will happily add and extract files from the zip file, it corrupts
the zip file when i try to delete one of its members.

Any help greatly appreciated
TIA
Kevin Beckham