Fybo

"Mike" wrote:

Try right clicking on a worksheet tab and select all
Then see if Find would work.
I do not have a copy of excel97 to run this test. If not...
The find might remember the search pattern so you might be able to change
worksheets with the Find window up.

"Fybo" wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to search for text in multiple worksheets within the one
workbook in Excel 97 (I know, my company is woefully out of date!!)?

I have 13 worksheets and want to search for a person's name or a reference
number in the entire workbook so that it will go directly to the worksheet
and cell.

Ctrl+f cannot do this and I've tried FIND, SEARCH all to no avail.

Any ideas??

Many thanks in advance.

Fybo.

Thanks! Sounds good, give a try after the weekend.