Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default Macro for moving arrow shapes

tricky this
rotation moves the entire arrow. so we calculate how far the bottom moved,
and move it back.

so we know where the bottom of the arrow is (x1,y1) which is the TOP +
HEIGHT if the arrow srarts veritcally
when we rotate we know the new position, so we can calculate the new bottom
position (x2,y2)
we need to move the TOP (X2 - X1, Y2-Y1) which will shift the shape so that
the bottom part of the arrow returns to its original position

"Yajiv" wrote in message
I have an arrow shape pointing upwards. I want to move it's head with
the other end fixed. Just like a speedometer.If I use shapes
(0).rotation(45), i get the rotation, but it adjusts the whole arrow.
not the head.
Is there any way? Any help would be appreciated.