Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Kathleen_TX[_2_] Kathleen_TX[_2_] is offline

Default Converting data into multiple rows

Thanks Mike. I tried that, but that's not exactly what I'm trying to do. I
want to break out the entire row of data into multiple rows.

"Mike H" wrote:

Kathleen,

First ensure you have sufficient empty columns to the right of your column
of data to split the data into then:

Data|Text to columns - delimited - next - select comma - finish

Mike

"Kathleen_TX" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet of raw data with several columns. One of the columns
contains multiple market segments separated by commas (Chemicals, Specialty
Chemicals, Polymers, etc). I want to break out each row into multiple rows
based on however many market segments there are. For example, one row of data
may have 6 market segments. I want to convert that row of data into 6 rows of
data, one per market segment. Is there an easy way to do this? I have 1000+
rows of data, so doing this manually is extremely painful.