Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sike11 via OfficeKB.com sike11 via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Run-time error '1004' general odbc error

I have the following macro that was created and used by a previous user. I am
new to the organisation and the macro worked fine for him and all my other
colleagues. However, this does not work for me.

Sub GETdata_HT()

Sheets("HT").Select
ClearColumns

With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=Array(Arra y( _

"ODBC;DSN=InspectionOutputDB;Description=RAISQL2;U ID=rsasso;APP=Microsoft
Office 2003;WSID=DES00002;DATABASE=InspectionOutputDB;Tru sted_Con" _
), Array("nection=Yes")), Destination:=Range("A1"))
.CommandText = Array( _
"SIS_HT '" & Worksheets("TITLES").Range("B12").Value & "', '" & Worksheets
("TITLES").Range("C12").Value & "' " _
)
.Name = "HT"
.FieldNames = True
.RowNumbers = False
.FillAdjacentFormulas = False
.PreserveFormatting = True
.RefreshOnFileOpen = False
.BackgroundQuery = True
.RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
.SavePassword = False
.SaveData = True
.AdjustColumnWidth = True
.RefreshPeriod = 0
.PreserveColumnInfo = True
.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End With
End Sub

the .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False is highlighted and I am at a loss as to
why it works for everybody else but me. Please help. I am at my wits end.

Mary.