Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Strange macro behavior - result is correct every other time

Hi Andrew,

Can only offer a suggestion. Impossible to answer without interrogating your
code.

How does the answer get found. Are you using find and if so have you got the
After parameter set to active cell then activating a cell at the end of the
find and the second click of your button is finding a second after the first
occurrence.

It above is the reason then post the bit of code with the find and it can be
fixed. Generally if you want to find the first occurrence then the After
parameter should point to the last cell of the range being searched.

OssieMac

"Andrew" wrote:

Hello,
I am stumped. I have a large VBA program with about 8 subroutines and
maybe 50-70 variables. The program itself is too complicated to
explain, however as a gross approximation, it works about like this:

Private Sub Main_Clicl()
for x = 1 to 1000
if x^2+10x+25 = 100 then
exit sub
next
cells(1,1)=x
End Sub

So, the program would search for an answer. Anyway, let's just say
that for this example, when I click on a button on the screen, I get
an answer in cells(1,1). So, I click it one time and I get the
correct answer; I click a second time and I get an incorrect answer.
I click again, and I get the right answer. And this pattern
continues.

I am not using any static variables. All my variables are global.
Can someone please explain what might be happening.

thanks