Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Allen_N Allen_N is offline

Default Macro library in XLSTART: Why does Excel 2007 fall over?

I just ported a macro library (and the workbooks that use it) from Excel 2003
to 2007, hoping that Microsoft would not have created unreasonable obstacles
to making the library available to all users. Hah.

I saved my library as a 2007 macro-enabled workbook ("Custom.xlsm") and
moved it to the (Vista) folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\XLSTART". However, this causes Excel crash on start-up.

After moving Custom.xlsm out of XLSTART I got Excel to work again, and I can
manually open Custom.xlsm, so I have a work-around. But, what good is the
XLSTART folder if Excel breaks when it finds some macros in there?

Perplexed,

Al