Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Macro to save 2007 file in 97-2003 format

Look here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"John" wrote in message ...
I'm trying to make a macro that will automatically save an Excel 2007 file
in the 97-2003 file format. So far I have this:
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=ActiveWorkbook.FullName, _
FileFormat:=xlExcel8, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

The Active Workbook.FullName wants to save the file with the .xlsm extension
though the FileFormat=xlExcel8, so I'm confued. Help, please.