Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] EagleOne@discussions.microsoft.com is offline

Default Working example how to create a DLL using Visual C# 2008

Hello Pat,

I did see the reference to VB.NET but I do not have that? (Maybe VB.NET is a subset of C or
vice-versa)

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

you're incorrect, Chip also does a DLL in VB.NET which works perfectly
well - I just ran the code - and the DLL runs fine in Excel 2003 and in
Excel 2007

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/creati...nctionlib.aspx

wrote in message
.. .
Thanks Gord.

The examples on Chip's site use VB 6. When I became interested in
compiling VBA, I was told that VB
6 was/is on the way out. Therefore I got Visual Studio C+.

Do you have any thoughts on where I can get similar information (Chip's
info) for C+? I have no
experience with any code other than VBA.

TIA EagleOne

Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Try Chip Pearson's site.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CreatingCOMAddIn.aspx

Or

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/automationaddins.aspx

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 16 May 2009 19:47:11 -0400,
wrote:

2003, 2007

I have a VBA Procedure that I would like to compile into a DLL which can
be called from an Excel
macro so that I can protect the original source VBA code.

A working example would be great as that is the way I learn best.

Any thoughts, examples, plan of attack, links greatly appreciated.

TIA EagleOne