Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Lovern Greg Lovern is offline

Default How to change what version of Excel starts when double-click awor

Hi Barb,

The reason I don't just open the version I need first and then double-
click on the workbook I want opened is because the error does not
occur that way. My users are getting the error by double-clicking the
workbook file before Excel is opened. The error occurs when the add-in
is doing it's initialization tasks. If Excel is opened first, then
those initialization tasks are completed by the time you double-click
on the workbook file, therefore no error.

Yes, I have excel 2007 and 2003 installed. Also 2002, 2000, and 97. I
have to test in all of them, and when a user reports a problem, I need
to be able to test in the version they are using. Usually it doesn't
matter which version starts if Excel is started by double-clicking a
workbook file, but for this particular problem, it does matter.

Can anyone point me to the setting Barb mentioned ("a setting to
define which version starts up automatically")?

Thanks,

Greg

On May 15, 5:28*pm, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:
I suspect you have Excel 2003 and 2007 on your machine. * I think there is a
setting to define which version starts up automatically (and I saw it set
recently, but don't remember where to find it). * It was buried. * Why not
open the version you need first and then double click on the workbook you
want opened. *

"Greg Lovern" wrote:
I'm trying to fix a problem in my add-in that only occurs when the
user starts Excel by double-clicking a workbook file. But the problem
is slightly different depending on the version of Excel.

Is there a quick way to change what version starts up when you double-
click a workbook? Having to reinstall Excel each time I want to change
takes a lot of time when I'm changing often.- Hide quoted text -