Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brett Brett is offline

Default Userform leaving a trail

Hi Harald, thank you for that. A quick question (with time zones in mind -
I'm in Oz) before I try some fooling around with that: Should the DoEvents go
just before or just after I'm hiding the UF? How do I get DoEvents to fire
every 3 (or whatever) seconds?

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Put

DoEvents

in your code so that it happens at least every three seconds. It means "take
a short break and listen to the operating system". Allowing windows to
reposition, your orders to interrupt the running code, occational emails to
be delivered, ... Yes it slows down the code, but makes it far less annoying
as a user experience.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Brett" wrote in message
I had some trouble with moving a userform around and using screenupdating =
false because the userform left a trail behind. So, I change the code to:
UF0_QCP.Hide: Sleep 200

where UF0_QCP is the userform. Now, it doesn't leave a trail, but the UF
stays in the old spot with a completely white background whilst
simultaneously displaying properly in the new spot (better, but still not
professional).

I'm sure that someone out there has a tachnique that they's love to share
with me (please). Regards, Brett