Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul W Smith Paul W Smith is offline

Default Save As.....

Thanks Dave, I use XL2003.

I have XL2007 but find the new interface makes work so slow... I know I will
probably have to use it eventually but what were Microsoft thinking when
they changed the GUI so radically. Can any actually make a case that it is
better... different yes, but better?????

Paul Smith

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
What version of excel are you using?

In xl2002 and xl2003, you can do file|open and then go to the parent
folder of
the folder you want. Then click on the Tools button (top right corner)
and
click "Add to Places".

If you're using xl2k, MS has a COM addin that's called Places.exe
that allows you to update the places list.

INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download (Q253338)

====
I don't use xl2007 enough to know for sure, but it might be similar to
xl2002/xl2003.

Paul W Smith wrote:

I hope this forum might be able to answer this question.

On the Save As.... dialog box, in the left hand column there are
short-cuts
to - My Recent Document, Desktop, My Documents, My Computer and My
Network
Places. Is there any way to add additonal short-cuts to this column?

aul Smith

--

Dave Peterson