Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Josh Sale[_3_] Josh Sale[_3_] is offline

Default PasteSpecial column widths with different size ranges

If I perform:

Range("B7:E7").Copy
Range("B11:N11").PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats,
xlPasteSpecialOperationNone, False, False

Then the formatting from my four source cells is replicated across my
thirteen target cells. The first four cells are formatted, then the
second four, the third four and finally the last one. I like this
behavior.

However if instead I perform:

Range("B7:E7").Copy
Range("B11:N11").PasteSpecial xlPasteColumnWidths,
xlPasteSpecialOperationNone, False, False

I don't get the same repeating behavior across my target cells. The
first four cells get their column widths adjusted but the remaining
nine cells get no change to their column widths.

Is this a bug (I'm using XL2007)?

Can anybody think of a clever way around this short of looping? In
general I don't know in advance either the size of the source or
target ranges.

TIA,

josh