Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy Patrick Molloy is offline

Default Can Excel directly access .mdb?

you can use VBA in Access to instantiate Excel and populate a worksheet.

"Brian" wrote in message
Thanks Patrick.

Your solution is what I've been doing.

To clarify my question:

Can I use data in the Access DB without actually importing it into Excel?

I apologize if I am being obtuse, much of this is new to me.

Brian

"Patrick Molloy" wrote in message
yes

menu: Data/Import External Data/New Database Query

select MS Access and follow the questions

"Brian" wrote in message
Howdy All,

I've been working on a project (with much help from Dave Peterson!)

I've imported some data from an Access Database.

Put I guess I should've asked this question first:

Can I set up a connection to the database and run macros and functions
on the data in Excel?

It seems to me if I can do that, I would save alot of time.

Thanks,
Brian