Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nick H[_3_] Nick H[_3_] is offline

Default SPEED....2003..V..2007

I was in the process of modifying a large MI reporting application
(lots of charts) created in Excel 2003 to be dual compatible with
2007. Once I got round the removed 'FileSearch' problem I thought I'd
be home and dry but nooooo.

In 2007 the app runs at about a third of the 2003 speed and if I give
it the full complement of data and ask it to create all the reports in
one go it falls over half way through complaining about lack of
resources.

I had thought this may be due to running in 'compatibility mode' but
saving the app and source files as appropriate 2007 versions made no
noticeable difference in performance or reliability.

Also, the charts don't quite look right. Border lines are thicker and
there seems to be less contrast between colours. Some charts fail to
redraw completely.

I should qualify this by saying that my 2Gb lenovo T60 only rates 3.1
on the Vista Windows scoring system. A higher score may improve
matters.

For now though, we've shelved our attempts at dual compatibility and
told users they'll have to stick with 2003 to run this app.