Posted to microsoft.public.vstudio.general,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop,microsoft.public.dotnet.general,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Brock John Brock is offline

Default How do I access different versions of Excel from one .NET executable?

In article ,
Steve Rindsberg wrote:
In article , John Brock wrote:
Hmmm..., are you *sure* you can have two (or more) versions of
Office on the same machine? I could swear that I read somewhere
this isn't possible.

It is possible (but not supported).

However, the replies you're getting seem mostly directed at "Can I have both
installed on one PC" and your question is more about "Can I develop in Visual
Studio for both on one PC?"

My understanding is that you can't (or that you'd need to do at least half your
dev in a virtual machine). I'd bring up the same questions in a group devoted
to .NET/Visual Studio/VSTO.

Can you suggest such a group? I didn't see anything like that on
Usenet.

Also, do you have any idea whether it is possible to install the
Office 2003 PIAs on my machine, in addition to the PIAs that came
with Office 2007, without actually installing Office 2003? It
appears from what folks are saying that the earlier PIAs will work
with later versions of Office, so if I could use those that would
be the simplest thing.

Of course, in the same vein, I could always uninstall Office 2007
and install Office 2003. That would be sad, but it would still
beat having to buy another machine, or keep a duplicate code base
on a virtual machine. :-(
--
John Brock